Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey

J-1 Exchange Visitor Request Form

General Information The form is completed by the visiting scholar to provide International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) with the information needed to generate the immigration documents needed to acquire legal status to participate in academic activities on the MIIS campus as a visiting professor, research scholar, or short-term scholar. This form also provides us with information on dependents who will be requiring J-2 status. Please note that you will not be able to save this form. If you are not able to answer all of the questions, you may follow up with additional information directly to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). Once your DS-2019 application is complete, your document will be mailed to you to with instructions on applying for a J-1 visa. The DS-2019 request form has two parts: (1) the department form, and (2) the scholar form. Once your department has completed the department form and submitted the required documentation and you have completed this webform along with submitting the required documentation, your DS-2019 request is considered complete. Every effort will be made to issue your documents in a timely manner. Please feel free to contact International Student and Scholar Services with any questions.
Name must match passport.
First and middle name, if applicable. Name must match passport.
Please upload a copy of your passport.
Files must be less than 8 MB.
Allowed file types: gif jpg png bmp tif pict txt pdf doc docx.
Please indicate your current or most recent occupation in your home country. Please be specific (professor in university, scientist for central government, graduate student, etc.).
Please list the highest level of education that you have completed, the name of the institution where it was completed, the location of the institution, and the year that the education was completed. Completion of at least a Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) is required to qualify for a J-1 scholar visa category (J-1 short-term scholar, J-1 professor, and J-1 research scholar).